- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B4171
- Alternate Website: www.cesarzamudio.com
- Digital Marketing
- Human & Employee Branding
- Scent/Fragrance Marketing
- Marketing analytics, digital marketing, marketing research.
- Human and employer branding, mobile marketing, online reviews, sensory marketing, celebrity endorsements, brand alliances.
César Zamudio (B.A. Marketing, summa cum laude, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Monterrey, México; Ph.D., Management Science (Marketing), The University of Texas at Dallas) is an expert in marketing analytics and empirical modeling. His previous academic appointments include positions at Washington University in St. Louis and Kent State University. Zamudio joined VCU in 2019, where he teaches the Customer and Marketing Analytics class at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Zamudio's research has been honored by the Marketing Science Institute through its Clayton Dissertation Proposal (Honorable mention, 2011), Ideas Challenge (Winner, 2011) and Mobile Platforms Competitions (grant recipient, 2013). His research articles have been published in leading journals such as Strategic Management Journal, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Business Venturing and International Journal of Research in Marketing. Zamudio currently serves in the Editorial Board of the Journal of Family Business Strategy and the Journal of Global Fashion Marketing. Prior to his academic career, Zamudio was founder and CMO of a promotional products distributor.
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Meng, H., Zamudio, C., Jewell, R. D. (2020). What’s in a Name? Scent Brand Names, Olfactory Imagery, and Purchase Intention. (vol. forthcoming). Journal of Product and Brand Management.
- Schweiger, S., Stettler, T., Baldauf, A., Zamudio, C. (2019). The Complementarity of Strategic Orientations: A Meta-Analytical Synthesis and Theory Extension. (vol. 40, pp.1822-1851). Strategic Management Journal.
- Yeh, M. A., Jewell, R. D., Zamudio, C. (2018). An Investigation of Age and Gender Differences in Children’s Preferences Underlying Choice. (1 ed., vol. 20, pp.14-28). Young Consumers.
- Mills, P., Zamudio, C. (2018). Scanning for Discounts: Examining the Redemption of Competing Mobile Coupons. (5 ed., vol. 46, pp.964-982). Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science.
- Meng, M., Zamudio, C., Jewell, R. D. (2018). Unlocking Competitiveness Through Scent Names: A Data-Driven Approach. (3 ed., vol. 61, pp.385-395). Business Horizons.
- Zamudio, C. (2016). Matching With The Stars: How Brand Personality Determines Celebrity Endorsement Contract Formation. (2 ed., vol. 33, pp.409-427). International Journal of Research in Marketing.
- Mendoza-Abarca, K., Anokhin, S., Zamudio, C. (2015). Uncovering the Influence of Social Venture Creation on Commercial Venture Creation: A Population Ecology Perspective. (6 ed., vol. 30, pp.793-807). Journal of Business Venturing.
- Zamudio, C., Meng, M. (2015). Which Modeling Scholars Get Promoted, and How Fast?. (1 ed., vol. 2, pp.91-104). Customer Needs and Solutions.
- Zamudio, C., Anokhin, S., Kellermanns, F. W. (2014). Network Analysis: A Concise Review and Suggestions for Family Business Research. (1 ed., vol. 5, pp.63-71). Journal of Family Business Strategy.
- Zamudio, C., Wang, Y., Haruvy, E. (2013). Human Brands and Mutual Choices: An Investigation of the Marketing Assistant Professor Job Market. (6 ed., vol. 41, pp.722-736). Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science.
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Global Fashion Marketing. (March, 2019 - Present).
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer, Journal of Product & Brand Management. (March, 2019 - Present).
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Family Business Strategy. (March, 2018 - Present).
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer, Journal of Interactive Marketing. (December, 2017 - Present).
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer, Services Industries Journal. (May, 2016 - Present).