- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B4113
- Artificial Intelligence
- Ontology/KG, Multiagent
- Text Mining
Professor in the Department of Information Systems. Prior to joining VCU she held faculty positions at the University of Maryland Baltimore County and Missouri State University. Her primary research interests have been in the application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to business decision making in organizations and the managerial issues of such technology. She has published many articles in leading journals such as MIS Quarterly, Decision Support Systems, Communications of the ACM, Journal of Management Information Systems, Information and Management, and Journal of Operation Research Society. She is the recipient of the VCU School of Business 2016 Faculty Award of Excellence. This award recognizes a faculty member who has demonstrated outstanding accomplishments in teaching, research and service. She serves as Co-Editor-in-Chief for Decision Support Systems and as President for the Workshop on Information Technology and Systems (WITS).
Awards and Honors
- Distinguished Service Award, Faculty Council of VCU School of Business. (March, 2021).
- Distinguished Teaching Award, VCU School of Business. (March, 2020).
- Dean's Scholar Professorship, VCU School of Business. (January, 2018).
- Award of Excellence, VCU School of Business. (April 15, 2016).
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Carter, L., Yoon, V. Y., Liu, D. (in press). Analyzing e-government design science artifacts: A systematic literature review,. International Journal of Information Management.
- Kang, S., Liu, X., Kim, Y., Yoon, V. Y. (2021). Can Bots Help Create Knowledge? The Effects of Bot Intervention in Open Collaboration. (vol. 148). Decision Support Systems. DOI: 10.1016/j.dss.2021.113601
- Lee, J., Park, J., Gregor, S., Yoon, V. Y. (2021). Axiomatic Theories and Improving the Relevance of Information Systems Research. Information Systems Research. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.2020.0958
- Bunnell, L., Osei-Bryson, K. A., Yoon, V. Y. (2020). FinPathlight: Framework for an Multiagent Recommender System Designed to Increase Consumer Financial Capability. (vol. 134). Decision Support Systems. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2020.113306
- Liu, D., Etudo, U. O., Yoon, V. Y. (2020). X-IM Framework to Overcome Semantic Heterogeneity across XBRL Filings. Journal of the Association for Information Systems.
- Merritt, C., Yoon, V. Y. (2020). The Employer Perspective of Managing Access to Federated Systems and the Need for an Ontological Approach. IEEE Transaction on Engineering Management.
- Bunnell, L., Osei-Bryson, K. A., Yoon, V. Y. (2019). RecSys Issues Ontology: A Knowledge Classification of Issues for Recommender Systems Researchers. Information Systems Frontiers.
- Kim, D., Hebeler, J., Yoon, V. Y., David, F. (2018). Exploring Determinants of Semantic Web Technology Adoption from IT Professionals’ Perspective: Industry Competition, Organization Innovativeness, and Data Management Capability. (vol. 86, pp.18-33). Computers in Human Behavior.
- Wimmer, H., Yoon, V. Y., (2017). Counterfeit product detection: Bridging the gap between design science and behavioral science in information systems research. (vol. 104, pp.1-12). Decision Support Systems. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2017.09.005
- Etudo, U. O., Yoon, V. Y., Liu, D. (2017). Financial Concept Element Mapper (FinCEM) for XBRL interoperability: Utilizing the M3 Plus method. (vol. 98, pp.36-48). Richmond: Decision Support Systems. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2017.04.006