Director, VCU Center for Economic Education
Area: Virginia Council on Economic Education
- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B2150
- PhD, North Carolina State University, 2015.
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Swan, K., Lee, J., Mueller, R., Day, S. H. (2014). Teaching the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework: A Guide to Inquiry-based Instruction in Social Studies. Silver Spring, Maryland: National Council for the Social Studies.
- Day, S. H. (2019). Developing Authentic Performance Assessments in a Classroom Mini-Economy: Reflections on the Process of Design. In Design Research in Social Studies Education: Critical Lessons from an Emerging Field, 1st Edition (vol. 1). New York: Routledge. DOI: 10.4324/9780429024382
- Day, S. H. (2018). Should we tax robots?. In Swan K., John L. K., & S.G. G. (Eds.), Teaching the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework, Part Two (pp.177-186). Silver Spring, Maryland: National Council for the Social Studies.
- Day, S. H. (2014). The New Deal. In Government and Economics. Santa Barbara, CA: Greenwood, an imprint of ABC-CLIO.
- Day, S. H. (2013). John Locke. In Economic Thinkers: A Biographical Encyclopedia. Santa Barbara, CA: Greenwood, an imprint of ABC-CLIO.
- Day, S. H., Dague, C. T. (2017). What makes a skateboarder? Teaching high school students how to conduct sociological inquiry. (4 ed., vol. 81, pp.244-249). Social Education.
- Day, S. H. (2015). “The Stock Market Game taught me to be more careful with my money:” A closer look. (vol. 30). Journal of Consumer Education.
- Ferrarini, T. H., Day, S. H. (2014). NAFTA: The world's largest trading zone turns 20. (6 ed., vol. 78, pp.306-311). Social Education.
- Kozdras, D., Day, S. H. (2013). Common core state standards and economics: Reading like a detective, writing like a reporter, and thinking like an economist. (vol. 52, pp.23-31). California: Social Studies Review.