Area: Management and Entrepreneurship
- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B4201
- Social Entrepreneurship
Social Entrepreneurship and NPOs,
Social Entrepreneurship and NPOs,
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Hadani, M., Aksu, B., Coombes, S. M. (2021). Fifteen minutes of fame? The impact of media visibility and media reputation on the relationship between corporate political activity and government contract awards. . (1 ed., vol. 7, pp.57-84). Academy of Management Discoveries. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5465/amd.2018.0064)
- Pollack, J. M., Nagy, B., Rutherford, M., Murphy, P. J., Coombes, S. M. (2019). Risk tolerance, legitimacy, and perspective: Navigating biases in social enterprise evaluations. . (4 ed., vol. 9, pp.751-785). Entrepreneurship Research Journal. DOI: DOI: 10.1515/erj-2017-0093
- Rutherford, M., Tocher, N., Pollack, J., Coombes, S. M., (2016). Proposing a financial legitimacy threshold in new ventures: A multi-method investigation.. (6 ed., vol. 41, pp.751-785). Group and Organization Management. DOI: DOI: 10.1177/1059601116669632
- Hadani, M., Coombes, S. M. (2012). Complementary relationships between corporate philanthropy and corporate political activity: An exploratory study of political marketplace contingencies.. (6 ed., vol. 54, pp.859-881). Business & Society. DOI: DOI: 10.1177/0007650312463691
- Hadani, M., Coombes, S. M., Das, D., Jalajas, D. (2012). Finding a good job: Academic network centrality and early occupational outcomes in management academia. (vol. 33, pp.723-739). Journal of Organizational Behavior. DOI: 10.1002/job.788
- Coombes, S. M., Morris, M., Allen, J. A., Webb, J. W. (2011). Behavioral Orientations of Nonprofit Boards as a Factor in Entrepreneurial Performance: Does Governance Matter?. (vol. 48, pp.829-856). Journal of Management Studies. DOI: 10.1002/job.788
- Murphy, P. J., Coombes, S. M. (2009). A model of social entrepreneurial discovery. (vol. 87, pp.325-336). Journal of Business Ethics. DOI: 10.1111/j.1467-6486.2010.00956.x
- Morris, M. H., Coombes, S. M., Allen, J., Schindehutte, M. (2007). Antecedents and outcomes of entrepreneurial and market orientations in a non-profit context.. (4 ed., vol. 13, pp.12-39). Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies. DOI: 10.1177/10717919070130040401
- Morris, M., Miyasake, N., Watters, C., Coombes, S. M. (2007). The dilemma of growth: Understanding venture size choices of women entrepreneurs. (vol. 44, pp.221-244). Journal of Small Business Management. DOI: 10.1111/j.1540627X.2006.00165.x
- With Good Reason, Virginia Humanities (National Public Radio program).Radio Interview, distributed across approximately 120 U.S. public radio stations.
Topic: Gig economy and COVID-19-- 'Making Ends Meet'
https://withgoodreasonradio.org/episode/in-another-life-the-future-of-work/. (May 15, 2020).
- VCU News.Is a return to the office inevitable? Should it be? Some major employers are pushing for employers to be back in the office more often, but many employees have grown to appreciate the advantages of remote work. https://news.vcu.edu/article/2023/01/is-a-return-to-the-office-inevitable-should-it-be. (January 31, 2023).
https://phys.org/news/2019-06-gig-economy-impact-american-workforce.html?fbclid=IwAR2YQNh9IIySXTEJnXV1WjoPS2bo97SbfnmMHndNTk3jaU5o96CRdK1Pw14. (June 4, 2019).