- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B3175
- Alternate Website: http://www.mayoormohan.com
- PhD, Oklahoma State University, 2013.
- MS, Oklahoma State University, 2007.
- BS, Oklahoma State University, 2004.
- Innovation Strategy
- Brand Strategy
- B2B Marketing Strategy
- Dr. Mohan has taught Product Development and Management (MKTG 450) and Integrated Marketing Communication (MKTG 330). He also serves as a Faculty Mentor for the undergraduate da Vinci Project Class (INNO 460) and teaches in the Executive MBA program.
- Dr. Mohan's research interests include innovation strategy, brand strategy, and B2B strategy.
Mayoor Mohan, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor in the Department of Marketing at the VCU School of Business and holds a Ph.D. in Marketing from the Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University.
Dr. Mohan is an AMA Sheth Foundation fellow (2009) and the 2012 recipient of the Phillips Dissertation Fellowship Award. In 2019, he received the VCU Presidential Research Quest Award. He has also been awarded the Award of Excellence (2020), Distinguished Scholar Award (2019), and Distinguished Teacher Award (2018) from the VCU School of Business.
Dr. Mohan's research focuses on making normative recommendations to managers on how they can improve their firm's product and brand strategies. He has published articles on these topics in premier journals such as the Journal of Business Research, Industrial Marketing Management, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Services Marketing, and Journal of Product and Brand Management, among others. In addition, leading outlets like Forbes.com and The Aspen Institute have featured his research. He serves on the Editorial Review Board for the Journal of Business Research, European Journal of Marketing, and Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice and has served as guest editor for Industrial Marketing Management.
Dr. Mohan teaches courses in innovation strategy and promotional strategy at the undergraduate, graduate, and executive levels, and is actively involved with VCU's da Vinci Center as a faculty mentor. He is the co-author of Innovation and New Product Planning, published by Routledge. Moreover, he has mentored over 25 student consulting projects that address vital marketing and communication challenges for numerous firms and organizations (including several non-profits) based in the Richmond metroplex.
Please visit his personal website for further details.
Awards and Honors
- 2020 Award of Excellence, VCU School of Business. (March 20, 2020).
- 2019 Presidential Research Quest Fund Award, Virginia Commonwealth University. (August 9, 2019).
- 2019 Distinguished Scholar Award, VCU School of Business. (April 1, 2019).
- 2018 Distinguished Teacher Award (2018), VCU School of Business. (April 1, 2018).
- 2018 Summer Research Fellow (2018), VCU School of Business. (December 11, 2017).
- 2017 Finalist-Innovations in Teaching, SMA Annual Conference, Society for Marketing Advances. (August 9, 2017).
- 2017 Highly Commended Paper Award, European Journal of Marketing. (June 1, 2017).
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing. (November 25, 2019 - Present).
- Editorial Review Board Member, European Journal of Marketing. (July 25, 2019 - Present).
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice. (January 25, 2019 - Present).
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Business Research. (April 26, 2018 - Present).