- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B3173
- Alternate Website: Google Scholar
- Accounting Analytics
- Financial Disclosures
- Content Analysis
- Accounting Information Systems, Data Analytics
- Financial Accounting, Big Data Analytics, Corporate Disclosures, and Capital Markets
Mi(Jamie) Zhou is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Accounting at Virginia Commonwealth University. His research interests include Financial Accounting, Big Data Analytics, Corporate Disclosures, and Capital Markets. Dr. Zhou’s research has appeared in top accounting and information systems journals, including Journal of the American Taxation Association, Journal of Information Systems, Computers in Human Behavior, Information Systems Frontiers, and so on. Dr. Zhou received his doctoral degree in Accounting from Virginia Tech and master degrees in Accounting and Computer Science from UNC Charlotte. Dr. Zhou started his career with IBM and AmerisourceBergen Corporation as a software engineer. He also worked as a consultant/Senior Consultant at Deloitte for three years.
Awards and Honors
- Best Research Paper Award, AAA Southeast Region Midyear Meeting. (2016).
- Best Research Paper Award, Business Analytics Congress. (2015).
- Emerging Scholar Award, AAA Public Interest Section. (2015).
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Qiao, Z., Wang, G. A., Zhou, M., Fan, W. (2018). The Impact of Customer Reviews on Product Innovation: Empirical Evidence in Mobile Apps. In Analytics and Data Science (pp.95--110). Springer.
- Qiao, Z., Zhang, X., Zhou, M., Wang, G. A., Fan, W. (2017). A domain oriented LDA model for mining product defects from online customer reviews. In Proceedings of the 50th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- Qianzhou Du,, Zhou, M., Zhang, Weiguo Fan, Gang Wang, (2016). A Cross-Platform Comparison of Crowdfunding: An Exploratory Study. In The 10th China Summer Workshop on Information Management (CSWIM).
- Zhilei Qiao,, Zhou, M., Weiguo (Patrick) Fan, (2015). Do Customer Reviews Matter in Product Innovation? An Empirical Study of the Google Play Store. In 2015 Business Analytics Congress.
- Zhou, M., Qiao, Z., Zhang, X., Du, Q., Wang, A. G., Fan, W. P. (2015). Do Facebook Activities Increase Sales?. In Anais do Americas Conference on Information Systems, Puerto Rico (vol. 21).
- Zhou, M., Du, Q., Fan, W., Qiao, Z., Wang, G., Zhang, X. (2015). Money talks: A predictive model on crowdfunding success using project description.
- Zhang, X., Zhou, M., Fan, W., Wang, G. A. (2014). Automatic Recognition of Adverse Events in News: A Text Mining Approach. Workshop of Information Technology and Systems.
- Debreceny, R., Wang, D., Zhou, M. (2019). Research in Social Media: Data Sources and Methodologies. Journal of Information Systems. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2308/isys-51984
- Inger, K. K., Meckfessel, M. D., Zhou, M., Fan, W. (2018). An Examination of the Impact of Tax Avoidance on the Readability of Tax Footnotes. (1 ed., vol. 40, pp.1--29). The Journal of the American Taxation Association. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2308/atax-51812
- Zhou, M., Lu, B., Fan, W. P., Wang, G. A. (2018). Project description and crowdfunding success: an exploratory study. (pp.1--16). Information Systems Frontiers. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10796-016-9723-1
- Wang, J., Zhou, M., Lei, L., Fan, W. (2016). Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting, Pyramidal Structure And Political Interference: Evidence From China. (2 ed., vol. 32, pp.703). Journal of Applied Business Research.
- Lu, B., Fan, W., Zhou, M. (2016). Social presence, trust, and social commerce purchase intention: An empirical research. (vol. 56, pp.225--237). Computers in Human Behavior. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2015.11.057
- Zhou, Mi (Jamie),, Lei, Lijun (Gillian),, Wang, J., Fan, Weiguo (Patrick),, Wang, A. G. (2015). Social Media Adoption and Corporate Disclosure. (2 ed., vol. 29, pp.23-50). JOURNAL OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS. DOI: 10.2308/isys-50961