- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Alternate Website: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=5K9VI14AAAAJ&hl=en
- Accounting Information Systems, Data Analytics
- Financial Accounting, Big Data Analytics, Corporate Disclosures, and Capital Markets
Mi(Jamie) Zhou is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Accounting at Virginia Commonwealth University. His research interests include Financial Accounting, Big Data Analytics, Corporate Disclosures, and Capital Markets. Dr. Zhou’s research has appeared in top accounting and information systems journals, including Journal of the American Taxation Association, Journal of Information Systems, Computers in Human Behavior, Information Systems Frontiers, and so on. Dr. Zhou received his doctoral degree in Accounting from Virginia Tech and master degrees in Accounting and Computer Science from UNC Charlotte. Dr. Zhou started his career with IBM and AmerisourceBergen Corporation as a software engineer. He also worked as a consultant/Senior Consultant at Deloitte for three years.
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Inger, K. K., Meckfessel, M. D., Zhou, M., Fan, W. (2017). An Examination of the Impact of Tax Avoidance on the Readability of Tax Footnotes. (1 ed., vol. 40, pp.1--29). The Journal of the American Taxation Association.
- Zhou, M., Lu, B., Fan, W. P., Wang, G. A. (2016). Project description and crowdfunding success: an exploratory study. (pp.1--16). Information Systems Frontiers.
- Lu, B., Fan, W., Zhou, M. (2016). Social presence, trust, and social commerce purchase intention: An empirical research. (vol. 56, pp.225--237). Computers in Human Behavior.
- Zhou, Mi (Jamie),, Lei, Lijun (Gillian),, Wang, J., Fan, Weiguo (Patrick),, Wang, A. G. (2015). Social Media Adoption and Corporate Disclosure. (2 ed., vol. 29, pp.23-50). JOURNAL OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS. DOI: 10.2308/isys-50961