Chair of the Department of Finance, Insurance & Real Estate
Area: Finance, Insurance and Real Estate
- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B4163
- PhD, Texas A&M Univ, College Station, 2005.
- M.I.B, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, 2000.
- B.E., S.V. National Institute of Technology, 1998.
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Desai, C. A., Gupta, M. (in press). Size of Financing Need and the Choice between Asset Sales and Security Issuances. Financial Management.
- Gupta, M., Prakash, P., Rangan, N. K. (in press). Cross country variability in cost of raising equity: Evidence from Seasoned Equity Offerings. International Review of Finance.
- Gupta, M., Prakash, P. (in press). Impact of Underwriting Insurance Risk on Bank Holding Company Behavior. Journal of Risk Finance.
- Fields, L. P., Gupta, M., Wilkins, M., Zhang, S. (in press). Refinancing Pressure and Earnings Management: Evidence from Changes in Short-term Debt and Discretionary Accruals. Finance Research Letters. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.frl.2017.10.011
- Gupta, M., Prakash, P., Rangan, N. K., (2017). Determinants of underwriting spreads internationally: Evidence from SEOs . (vol. 41, pp.1-12). Journal of Multinational Financial Management . DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mulfin.2017.05.006
- Desai, C. A., Gupta, M. (2016). Divisional Informativeness Gap and Value Creation from Asset Sales. (vol. 51, pp.559-578). Financial Review.
- Gupta, M., Bharati, R., Crain, S. (2013). Stock Portfolio Returns, Autocorrelations, and Nonsynchronous Trading. Journal of Financial Issues.
- Gupta, M., Prakash, P. (2013). The Down-and-Out-Call Option Model of Default Risk: An Application of Genetic Algorithms. (vol. 4(1), pp.19-Oct). International Journal of Enginering and Industries.
- Gupta, M., Prakash, P., Rangan, N. K. (2013). Equity issue-specific versus broad regulatory protections against expropriation risk: International evidence from SEOs. (vol. 35, pp.146-166). Journal of International Money and Finance.
- Prakash, P., Gupta, M. (2012). Federal regulation of insurance that never was: A tale of two Acts, and implications for economic models of regulation. (vol. 1, pp.18). Economics and Finance Notes.
- Gupta, M., Prakash, P., Rangan, N. K. (2012). Governance and Shareholder Response to Chief Risk Officer Appointments. (vol. 37, pp.108-124). The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Issues and Practice. DOI: 10.1057/gpp.2011.30
- Gupta, M., Prakash, P. (2012). Information Embedded in Directors and Officers Insurance Purchases. The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Issues and Practice. DOI: 10.1057/gpp.2012.27
- Fields, P., Gupta, M., Prakash, P. (2012). Risk-taking and performance of public insurers: An international comparison. (vol. 79, pp.931-962). The Journal of Risk and Insurance. DOI: 10.1111/j.1539-6975.2012.01479.x
- Gupta, M., Fields, L. P. (2009). Board Independence and Corporate Governance: Evidence from Director Resignations. Journal of Business Finance and Accounting .
- Gupta, M., Chi, D. (2009). Overvaluation and Earnings Management. (9 ed., vol. 33). Journal of Banking and Finance.
- Gupta, M., Khurana, I. K., Pereira, R. (2008). Legal Enforcement, Short Maturity Debt, and the Incentive to Manage Earnings. (4 ed., vol. 51). Journal of Law and Economics.