- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B3127
- Alternate Website: http://lindsay.fildred.com/
- Audit Quality Control
- Auditor Judgment
- Behavioral Acct Methods
- Auditing (Undergraduate & PhD levels)
Lindsay received her PhD from Bentley University in Waltham, MA and her bachelor's degree from American University in Washington, DC. Prior to pursuing her doctorate, she worked at KPMG in the firm's assurance practice and at Ripplewood Holdings, a private-equity firm based in New York City. Lindsay is a licensed CPA (inactive) in Virginia. Her research interests primarily focus on auditor-auditor interactions, auditor coaching and training, and audit firm quality control. These research interests extend to the classroom where Lindsay also works to create teaching cases that help students learn using "real world" audit techniques. Her work has been published in leading accounting journals including, Accounting, Organizations and Society, Accounting Horizons, Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, Behavioral Research in Accounting, and Issues in Accounting Education. She is a member of the American Accounting Association and has presented her research at both national and international academic accounting conferences.
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Andiola, L. M., Bedard, J. C., Hux, C. T. (2017). Writing an effective literature review in behavioral accounting. In The Routledge Companion to Behavioral Accounting Research (pp.473-485). Routledge Taylor & Francis Group.
- Andiola, L. M., Downey, D. H., Earley, C., Jefferson, D. (2021). Wealthy Watches Inc.: The Substantive Testing of Accounts Receivable in the Evolving Audit Environment. Issues in Accounting Education. DOI: 10.2308/ISSUES-2020-037
- Andiola, L. M., Bedard, J. C., Kremin, J. (2021). Coaching Quality and Subordinate Work Attitudes in the Multiple Supervisor Audit Context . Accounting Horizons. DOI: 10.2308/HORIZONS-2020-025
- Andiola, L. M., Downey, D. H., Westermann, K. D. (2020). Examining climate and culture in audit firms: Insights, practice implications, and future research directions. (4 ed., vol. 39, pp.1-29). Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory. DOI: 10.2308/AJPT-19-107
- Andiola, L. M., Masters, E., Norman, C. S. (2020). Integrating technology and data analytic skills into the accounting curriculum: Accounting department leaders’ experiences and insights. (1 ed., vol. 50, pp.1-18). Journal of Accounting Education. DOI: 10.1016/j.jaccedu.2020.100655
- Lynch, E., Andiola, L. M. (2019). If Eyes are the Window to Our Soul, What Role does Eye-Tracking Play in Accounting Research?. (2 ed., vol. 31, pp.107-133). Behavioral Research in Accounting. DOI: 10.2308/bria-52283
- Andiola, L. M., Bedard, J. C., Westermann, K. (2019). It's not my fault! Insights into subordinate auditors' attributions and emotions following audit review. (1 ed., vol. 38, pp.1-27). Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory. DOI: 10.2308/ajpt-52132
- Andiola, L. M., Bedard, J. C. (2018). Delivering the “Tough Message”: Moderators of Subordinate Auditors’ Reactions to Feedback. (vol. 70, pp.52-68). Accounting, Organizations and Society. DOI: 10.1016/j.aos.2018.02.002
- Andiola, L. M., Downey, D. H., Spilker, B. C., Noga, T. J. (2018). The Interactive Effects of Feedback Sign and Source on Indian Tax Professionals’ Satisfaction: A Social Identity Perspective. (2 ed., vol. 30, pp.1-21). Behavioral Research in Accounting. DOI: 10.2308/bria-52182
- Hess, M. F., Andiola, L. M. (2018). Fraud Risk Brainstorming at Tesla Motors. (2 ed., vol. 33, pp.19-34). Issues in Accounting Education. DOI: 10.2308/iace-51973
- Andiola, L. M., Lambert, T. A., Lynch, E. (2018). Sprandel, Inc.: A Practice in Electronic Workpapers, Audit Documentation, and Closing Review Notes through the Audit of Accounts Receivable. (2 ed., vol. 33, pp.43-55). Issues in Accounting Education. DOI: 10.2308/iace-52055
- Andiola, L. M. (2014). Performance Feedback in the Audit Environment: A Review and Synthesis of Research on the Behavioral Effects. (1-2 ed., vol. 33, pp.1-36). Journal of Accounting Literature. DOI: 10.1016/j.acclit.2014.07.001
- Zipia Career Expert.Interview with Zippia (Alex Johnson) as an expert to discuss my opinion on where the job market for recent graduates is heading, as well as how young graduates entering the industry can be adequately prepared. Link: https://www.zippia.com/certified-public-accountant-jobs/trends/. (December 22, 2020).
- Accountable with David Peters Podcast.Guest on Accountable With David Peters, a podcast that covers all things accounting with various business leaders. Episode entitled “How Do We Nurture the Next Generation of Financial Professionals?” Andiola and Peters discussed the transition from college student to accounting professional, how the process has changed overtime, and how the accounting industry has changed overtime.
Listen to the podcast episode here: https://bit.ly/3tsRk7G. (April 12, 2021).
Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Andiola, L. M. (Principal), Lambert, T. (Co-Principal), Peytcheva, M. (Co-Principal), Center for Audit Quality Access to Auditors, Sponsored by Center for Audit Quality. (May, 2019 - June, 2020).
- Andiola, L. M., VCU School of Business Summer Research Fellow, Virginia Commonwealth University 10000. (June, 2019 - August, 2019).
- Andiola, L. M. (Principal), Epic Programmatic Quest Research Grant, Virginia Commonwealth University 20000. (January, 2016 - May, 2018).