- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B3139
- Government Accounting
- Accounting Quality
- International Accounting (Graduate) and Managerial Accounting (Undergraduate)
- Governance, performance measurement, compensation, and debt contracting.
Jean X. Zhang obtained her doctoral degree in Accounting from The George Washington University, her MS in Accounting from University of Virginia and her BBA in Accounting from The College of William and Mary. Her primary research interests include governance, performance measurement, compensation, and debt contracting. She has published in academic journals including Journal of Accounting and Economics, Accounting Horizons, Journal of Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting, European Journal of Operational Research, and Sustainable Computing: Informatics and Systems.
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Rich, K. T., Roberts, B. L., Zhang, J. X. (in press). Linguistic Tone and Internal Control Reporting: Evidence from Municipal Management Discussion and Analysis Disclosures. Journal of Government and Nonprofit Accounting.
- Wang, H., Zhang, J. X., Yang, B., Li, F. (2017). On Time-Sensitive Revenue Management and Energy Scheduling in Green Data Centers. (vol. 14, pp.1-12). Sustainable Computing: Informatics and Systems.
- Zhang, J. X., Rich, K. T. (2016). Municipal Audit Committees and Fiscal Policies . (vol. 28(4), pp.436-466). Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management.
- Rich, K. T., Roberts, B., Zhang, J. X. (2016). Linguistic Tone of Municipal Management Discussion and Analysis Disclosures and Future Financial Reporting Delays. (2 ed., vol. 13, pp.93-107). Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting.
- Zhang, J. X., Dorminey , J., Wier, B. (2016). Types of Firm-initiated Clawback Provisions and Short- and Long-term Cost of Debt. (vol. 12 (1), pp.54-79). Journal of Theoretical Accounting Research.
- Wang, W., Wang, L., Lan, Y., Zhang, J. X. (2016). Competitive Difference Analysis of the One-Way Trading Problem with Limited Information. (vol. 252 (3), pp.879-887). European Journal of Operational Research.
- Rich, K. T., Zhang, J. X. (2016). Municipal Accounting Restatements and Top Financial Manager Turnover. (vol. 28(2), pp.222-249.). Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management.
- Lan, Y., Ball, M. O., Karaesmen, I. Z., Zhang, J. X., Liu, G. X. (2015). Analysis of Seat Allocation and Overbooking Decisions with Hybrid Information. (vol. 240 (2), pp.493-504). European Journal of Operational Research.
- Rich, K. T., Zhang, J. X. (2015). Unfunded Public Pension Liabilities and Local Citizen Oversight. (vol. 29 (1), pp.23-39). Accounting Horizons.
- Wang, H., Zhang, J. X., Li, F. (2014). Worst-case performance guarantees of scheduling algorithms maximizing weighted throughput in energy-harvesting networks. (vol. 4 (3), pp.172-182). Sustainable Computing: Informatics and Systems.
- Rich, K. T., Zhang, J. X. (2014). Does Audit Committee Monitoring Matter in the Government Sector? Evidence from Municipal Internal Control Quality. (vol. 3 (1), pp.58- 80). Journal of Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting.
- Baber, W. R., Gore, A. K., Rich, K. T., Zhang, J. X. (2013). Accounting Restatements, Governance, and Municipal Debt Financing. (vol. 56 (2-3), pp.212-227). Journal of Accounting & Economics.