Area: Supply Chain Management and Analytics
- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B4141
- Decision Analysis
- Maritime Risk Assessment
- Supply Chain Simulation
- Decision Analytics, Forecasting, Simulation.
- Decision & Risk Analysis, Bayesian Statistics, Simulation.
Jason Merrick has worked on projects ranging from assessing oi spill risk and counter-terrorism as well as supply chain agility, design, and sustainability. He has received grants from the National Science Foundation, the Federal Aviation Administration, the United States Coast Guard, the American Bureau of Shipping, British Petroleum, Booz Allen Hamilton, and the Makah Tribal Council, amongst others. He is a former President of the Decision Analysis Society and has a bachelors in mathematics and computation from Oxford University and a doctorate in operations research from George Washington University.
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Cook, E. L., Merrick, J. R. (2022). Technology Implementation at Capital One. INFORMS Journal on Applied Analytics. DOI: 10.1287/inte.2022.1135
- Merrick, J. R., Dorsey, C. A., Wang, B., Grabowski, M., Harrald, J. R. (2022). Measuring Prediction Accuracy in a Maritime Accident Warning System. (vol. 32(1), pp.819-827). Production and Operations Management. DOI: 10.1111/poms.13581
- Dohmen, A., Saunders, L., Merrick, J. R., Stank, T., Goldsby, T. (2022). When Preemptive Risk Mitigation is Insufficient: The Effectiveness of Continuity and Resilience Techniques During COVID-19. Production and Operations Management. DOI: 10.1111/poms.13677
- Saunders, L. W., Merrick, J. R., Holcomb, M. (2021). Microdosing flexibility in an efficient supply chain. (vol. 67(3), pp.407-416). Journal of Operations Management. DOI: 10.1002/joom.1117
- Saunders, L., Brooks, J. P., Merrick, J. R., Autry, C. (2020). Addressing Economic/Environmental Sustainability Tradeoffs in Procurement Episodes with Industrial Suppliers. (vol. 29(5), pp.1256-1269). Production and Operations Management. DOI: 10.1111/poms.13162
- Syed, R., Merrick, J. R., Dhillon, G. S. (2019). Identity Protection Value Model: A Design Science Approach to Assess Value Gaps on Social Media. (vol. 50(3), pp.498-536). Decision Sciences. DOI: 10.1111/deci.12335
- Merrick, J. R., Soyer, R., Mazzuchi, T. (2005). Are maintenance practices for railroad tracks effective?. (vol. 100(469), pp.17-25). Journal of the American Statistical Association. DOI: 10.1198/016214504000002104
- Merrick, J. R., Soyer, R., Mazzuchi, T. (2003). A Bayesian semiparametric analysis of the reliability and maintenance of machine tools. (vol. 45(1), pp.58-69). Technometrics. DOI: 10.1198/004017002188618707