Area: Supply Chain Management and Analytics
- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B4141
- Decision Analysis
- Maritime Risk Assessment
- Supply Chain Simulation
- Decision Analytics, Forecasting, Simulation.
- Decision & Risk Analysis, Bayesian Statistics, Simulation.
Jason Merrick has worked on projects ranging from assessing oi spill risk and counter-terrorism as well as supply chain agility, design, and sustainability. He has received grants from the National Science Foundation, the Federal Aviation Administration, the United States Coast Guard, the American Bureau of Shipping, British Petroleum, Booz Allen Hamilton, and the Makah Tribal Council, amongst others. He is Past-President of the Decision Analysis Society. He has a bachelors in mathematics and computation from Oxford University and a doctorate in operations research from George Washington University.
- BUSINESS STATISTICS I, 7 courses.
- FORECASTING METHODS, 2 courses.
- INTRO TO RISK ANALYSIS, 2 courses.
- INTRO TO SIMULATION METHODS, 2 courses.
- STATISTICAL ANALYSIS AND MODELING, 1 course.
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Saunders, L. W., Merrick, J. R., Holcomb, M. (in press). Microdosing flexibility in an efficient supply chain. Journal of Operations Management.
- Saunders, L., Brooks, J. P., Merrick, J. R., Autry, C. (2020). Addressing Economic/Environmental Sustainability Tradeoffs in Procurement Episodes with Industrial Suppliers. (5 ed., vol. 29, pp.1256-1269). Production and Operations Management. DOI: 10.1111/poms.13162
- Dorsey, C., Wang, B., Grabowski, M., Merrick, J. R., Harrald, J. R. (2020). Self healing databases for predictive risk analytics in safety-critical systems. (vol. 63, pp.1-11). Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. DOI: 10.1016/j.jlp.2019.104014
- Syed, R., Merrick, J. R., Dhillon, G. S. (2019). Identity Protection Value Model: A Design Science Approach to Assess Value Gaps on Social Media. (vol. 50(3), pp.498-536). Decision Sciences. DOI: 10.1111/deci.12335
- Salak Pay, B., Merrick, J. R., Song, Y. (2019). Stochastic Network Interdiction with Incomplete Preference. (vol. 73(1), pp.3-22). Networks. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/net.21831
- Mazicioglu, D., Merrick, J. R. (2018). Behavioral Modeling of Adversaries with Multiple Objectives in Counter-terrorism. (vol. 38(5), pp.962-977). Risk Analysis. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/risa.12898
- Leclerc, P., Merrick, J. R. (2016). Modeling Adversaries in Counter-terrorism Decisions Using Prospect Theory. (vol. 36(4), pp.681-693). Risk Analysis. DOI: 10.1111/risa.12254
- Merrick, J. R., Butler, J., Morrice, D. (2015). Using Multiattribute Utility Theory to Avoid Bad Outcomes by Focusing on the Best Systems in Ranking and Selection. (vol. 9(3), pp.238-248). Journal on Simulation. DOI: 10.1057/jos.2014.34
- Merrick, J. R., Grabowski, M. (2014). Decision Performance and Safety Performance: A Value Focused Thinking Study in the Oil Industry. (vol. 11, pp.105-116). Decision Analysis. DOI: 10.1287/deca.2014.0291