Area: Management and Entrepreneurship
- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B4117
- Alternate Website: josecortina.com
- Research Methods
- Big Data
Awards and Honors
- ORM Award for Best Paper published in 2017. (August 13, 2018).
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Tonidandel, S., King, E., Cortina, J. (2015). Big data at work: The data science revolution and organizational psychology. Routledge.
- King, E. B., Tonidandel, S., Cortina, J., Fink, A. A. (2016). Building understanding of the data science revolution and IO psychology. Routledge New York, NY.
- Cortina, J. (in press). Reflections on academic career choices: What might have been, what is, and what may yet be. (vol. in press, pp.8). Academy of Management Learning and Education.
- Cortina, J., Koehler, T., Keeler, K. R., Nielsen, B. B. (in press). Restricted variance interactions: What they are and why they are your friends. Journal of Management.
- Grote, G., Cortina, J. (in press). Necessity (not just novelty) are the mother of invention: Using creativity research to improve research in work and organizational psychology. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology.
- Cortina, J. (in press). On the whys and hows of quantitative research. Journal of Business Ethics.
- King, E. B., Avery, D. R., Hebl, M. R., Cortina, J. (in press). Systematic subjectivity: How subtle biases infect the scholarship review process. Journal of Management.
- Kohler, T., Landis, R. S., Cortina, J. (2017). Establishing Methodological Rigor in Quantitative Management Learning and Education Research: The Role of Design, Statistical Methods, and Reporting Standards. (2 ed., vol. 16). Academy of Management Learning & Education. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5465/amle.2017.0079
- Holland, S. J., Shore, D. B., Cortina, J. (2017). Review and recommendations for integrating mediation and moderation. (4 ed., vol. 20, pp.686--720). Organizational Research Methods.
- Cortina, J., Aguinis, H., DeShon, R. P. (2017). Twilight of dawn or of evening? A century of research methods in the Journal of Applied Psychology.. (3 ed., vol. 102, pp.274). Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Markell, H. M., Cortina, J. (2017). Who Is the Culprit? A Commentary on Moderator Detection. (3 ed., vol. 10, pp.465--467). Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
- Sheng, Z., Kong, W., Cortina, J., Hou, S. (2016). Analyzing matrices of meta-analytic correlations: current practices and recommendations. (2 ed., vol. 7, pp.187--208). Research synthesis methods.
- Cortina, J. (2016). Defining and operationalizing theory. (8 ed., vol. 37, pp.1142--1149). Journal of Organizational Behavior. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/job.2121
- Jones, K. P., King, E. B., Gilrane, V. L., McCausland, T. C., Cortina, J., Grimm, K. J. (2016). The baby bump: Managing a dynamic stigma over time. (6 ed., vol. 42, pp.1530-1556). Journal of Management. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177%2F0149206313503012