Controllers Executive RoundTable Professor
- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B3173
- Acct Information Systems
- Behavioral Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Accounting systems
- Behavior research in accounting information systems, managerial and financial accounting.
Fengchun Tang obtained his Ph.D. from Washington State University. His primary research interests include judgment and decision making in accounting information systems, managerial and financial accounting. He has published articles in academic journals including Behavioral Research in Accounting, and Behaviour & Information Technology. He teaches Accounting systems at the undergraduate level.
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Tang, F., Eller, C. K., Cereola, S. (2021). How do Reporting Frequency and Analyst Perceptions of Real Activities Manipulation (RAM) Influence Managers' RAM Behavior?. (2 ed., vol. 35, pp.77–90). Journal of Information Systems. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2308/ISYS-19-030
- Gao, L., Calderon, T. G., Tang, F. (2020). Public companies' cybersecurity risk disclosures. International Journal of Accounting Information Systems.
- Tang, F. (2020). The More Interactivity The Better? Investigating Interactivity, Task Complexity, and Product Knowledge in Online Purchase Decisions. Information Technology & Management.
- Yang, L., Tang, F. (2020). The Impact of Disclosure Level and Client Incentive on Auditor Judgment of Related Party Transaction. International Journal of Accounting and Information Management.
- Tang, F., Norman, C. S., Vendrzyk, V. P. (2017). Exploring perceptions of data analytics in the Internal Audit function. (11 ed., vol. 36, pp.1125-1136 ). Behaviour & Information Technology.
- Brink, A. G., Tang, F., Yang, L. (2017). The Effects of Social Influence Pressure Source and Reporting Consequence on Financial Statement Preparers' Fair Value Estimate Choices. (vol. 6 (2), pp.168-187). International Journal of Behavioural Accounting and Finance. DOI: 10.1504/IJBAF.2017.086462
- Tang, F., Yang, L., Gan, H. (2017). Internal auditors’ reputation and managers’ reliance decision. (8 ed., vol. 32, pp.768-787). Managerial Auditing Journal.
- Tang, F., Ruan, L., Yang, L. (2017). Does regulator designation of auditors improve independence? The moderating effects of litigation risk. Managerial Auditing Journal.
- Brink, A. G., Tang, F., Yang, L. (2016). The Impact of Estimate Source and Social Pressure on Auditors' Fair Value Estimate Choices. (vol. 28 (2), pp.29-40). Behavioral Research in Accounting. DOI: 10.2308/bria-51457
- Tang, F., Eller, C. K., Wier, B. (2016). Reporting Frequency and Presentation Format: Detecting Real Activities Manipulation. (3 ed., vol. 30, pp.63–77). Journal of Information Systems. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2308/isys-51284
- Yang, L., Tang, F. (2016). The Interpretation Differences of Verbal Probability Expressions in Principles-Based Accounting Standards: Evidence from China. (3 ed., vol. 12, pp.287-312). International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation.
- Li, Y., Rose, A., Rose, J., Tang, F. (2015). The Effects of Guanxi and Compensation Structure on the Objectivity of Chinese Internal Auditors. (vol. 18, pp.99-24). Advances in Accounting Behavioral Research.
- Johnson, N., Li, Y., Tang, F., Sarker, S. (2014). Are You Watching Me? A Look at Panoptic Perceptions Surrounding Computer Monitoring Systems. (1 ed., vol. 16, pp.9-26). Journal of IT Case and Application Research.
- Tang, F., J. Hess, T., S. Valacich, J., T. Sweeney, J. (2014). The Effects of Visualization and Interactivity on Calibration in Financial Decision-Making. (vol. 26, pp.25-58). Behavioral Research in Accounting.
- Tang, F., Wang, X., Norman, C. S. (2013). An investigation of the impact of media capabilities and extraversion on social presence and user satisfaction. (vol. 32 (10), pp.1060-1073). Behaviour & Information Technology.