Area: Information Systems
- Email: email@example.com
- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B4120
- Web Development
- Biomed. Image Processing
- E-business technologies, programming
- Online education, model curriculum, peer-interaction, creativity
Dr. Elena Olson is an Associate Professor in the Department of Information Systems at Virginia Commonwealth University. Her research focuses on the Information Systems model curriculum, student peer-interaction in the online learning environment, and creativity and mindfulness in the IS field. Elena earned her Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from The University of Kansas, USA, and M.Sc. in Electronics Engineering from Belorussian State Polytechnic University, Belarus. While with the University of Kansas, Dr. Olson conducted research in the area of software and hardware development for Magnetic Resonance Elastography (MRE) applications to diagnostics of soft tissue cancer.
Awards and Honors
- VCU School of Business. (February 22, 2019).
- VCU Undergraduate Academic Advising Board. (April 26, 2017).
- Committee Member, IS Master Curriculum Committee. (2021 - 2022).
- Committee Chair, Accreditation Coordinator. (2015 - 2022).
- Committee Member, IS Undergraduate Curriculum Committee. (2014 - 2022).
- Faculty Mentor, IS AITP Student Branch. (2015 - 2021).
- Faculty Advisor, IS Post-baccalaureate Certificate Student Advising. (2015 - 2021).
- Committee Chair, IS Undergraduate Curriculum Committee. (2019 - 2020).
- Committee Chair, IS Undergraduate Curriculum Committee. (2017 - 2018).