Area: Information Systems
- Email: email@example.com
- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B4215
- Web Development
- Biomed. Image Processing
- IS development technologies, programming, systems analysis and design
- Online education, model curriculum, peer-interaction, creativity
Dr. Elena Olson is an Associate Professor in the Department of Information Systems at Virginia Commonwealth University. Her research focuses on the Information Systems model curriculum, student peer-interaction in the online learning environment, and creativity and mindfulness in the IS field. Elena earned her Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from The University of Kansas, USA, and M.Sc. in Electronics Engineering from Belorussian State Polytechnic University, Belarus. While with the University of Kansas, Dr. Olson conducted research in the area of software and hardware development for Magnetic Resonance Elastography (MRE) applications to diagnostics of soft tissue cancer.
Awards and Honors
- VCU School of Business. (2019).
- VCU Undergraduate Academic Advising Board. (2017).
- Committee Member, VCU University Undergraduate Curriculum Committee. (2021 - 2024).
- Faculty facilitator, Community Connections: Popcorn with Professors. (2022 - 2022).
- Program Organizer, SEDSI 2023 Program Chair-Elect. (2022 - 2023).