Area: Information Systems
- Email: email@example.com
- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B4120
- Web Development
- Biomed. Image Processing
- E-business technologies, programming
- Online education, model curriculum, peer-interaction, creativity and mindfulness
Dr. Elena Olson is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Information Systems at Virginia Commonwealth University. Her research focuses on Information Systems model curriculum, student peer-interaction in online learning environment, and creativity and mindfulness in the IS field. Elena earned her Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from The University of Kansas, USA, and M.Sc. in Electronics Engineering from Belorussian State Polytechnic University, Belarus. While with the University of Kansas, Dr. Olson conducted research in the area of software and hardware developing for Magnetic Resonance Elastography (MRE) applications to diagnostics of soft tissue cancer. She has previously worked as a Visiting Professor at the Industrial University of Santander, Colombia, and as a Department Head of the School of Computer Information Systems at Stratford University, USA.
Awards and Honors
- VCU School of Business. (February 22, 2019).
- VCU Undergraduate Academic Advising Board. (April 26, 2017).
Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Olson, E. I. (Supporting), El-Aridi, N. (Principal), Stimulating Creativity Through Mindfulness Practices Within Information Systems Curriculum, Sponsored by VCU SoB Virginia Commonwealth University 2000. (June 1, 2016 - August 20, 2016).