- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B3117
- PhD, Texas A&M Univ College Sta*, 1998.
- Acct Information Systems
- Internal Controls
- Judgment and Decisions
Dr. Norman has been the Chair of the Accounting Department at Virginia Commonwealth University since November 2010. From 2002 to 2010, Dr. Norman was a faculty member in the Accounting Department at VCU and taught a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses, as well as two doctoral seminars. She has more than 50 publications in accounting and education journals, including The Accounting Review; Accounting, Organizations and Society; Behavioral Research in Accounting; Behaviour and Information Technology; Journal of Accounting and Public Policy; Journal of Information Systems; and Issues in Accounting Education. She is also a co-author on three books: a textbook for Accounting Information Systems, a research book on Corporate Governance, and a book on XBRL Essentials with Charles Hoffman.
Licensures and Certifications
- CPA License, Virginia State Board of Accountancy. (July, 2005-Present).
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Norman, C. S., Hansen, T., Sarji, J. (2021). Leveraging a University's Dynamic Capabilities in a Turbulent Environment. (vol. 25, pp.107-116). Advances in Accounting Education.
- Norman, C. S., Rose, A., Rose, J., Suh, I. (2021). An Investigation of Corporate Directors' Responses to CEO Pay Ratio Disclosures and Say-on-Pay Votes. (3 ed., vol. 60, pp.455-474). Human Resource Management. DOI: doi.org/10.1002/hrm.22034
- Norman, C. S., Rose, J. M., Ugrin, J., Rose, A. M. (2020). Director Friendships with the CEO: Are They Always a Threat to Director Integrity?. Accounting and Business Research.
- Rose, A., Rose, J., Suh, I., Thibodeau, J., Linke, K., Norman, C. S. (2020). Why Financial Executives Do Bad Things: The Effects of the Slippery Slope and Tone at the Top on Misreporting Behavior. Journal of Business Ethics. DOI: doi.org/10.1007/s10551-020-04609-y
- Andiola, L. M., Masters, E., Norman, C. S. (2020). Integrating technology and data analytic skills into the accounting curriculum: Accounting department leaders’ experiences and insights. (1 ed., vol. 50, pp.1-18). Journal of Accounting Education. DOI: 10.1016/j.jaccedu.2020.100655
- Norman, C. S., Bagranoff, N. A. (2019). Accounting Advisory Councils: Engagement Between Practice and Academe. (8 ed., vol. 23, pp.133-151). Advances in Accounting Education.
- Rose, J., Brink, A. G., Norman, C. S. (2018). The Effects of Compensation Structures and Monetary Rewards on Managers' Decisions to Blow the Whistle. (vol. 150 (3), pp.853–862). Journal of Business Ethics. DOI: 10.1007/s10551-016-3222-7
- Tang, F., Norman, C. S., Vendrzyk, V. P. (2017). Exploring perceptions of data analytics in the Internal Audit function. (11 ed., vol. 36, pp.1125-1136 ). Behaviour & Information Technology.
- Rose, A. M., Norman, C. S., Rose, J. . (2016). Material Control Weakness Corrections: The Enduring Effects of Trust in Management. Behavioral Research in Accounting.
- Brink, A. G., Norman, C. S., Wier, B. (2016). Attained Education and Promotion in Public Accounting. (vol. 31 (3), pp.301-320). Issues in Accounting Education. DOI: 10.2308/iace-51244
- Rose, J., Mazza, C., Rose, A., Norman, . (2014). Will Disclosure of Friendship Ties Between Directors and CEOs Yield Perverse Effects?. (vol. 89 (4), pp.1545-1563). The Accounting Review.
- Tang, F., Wang, X., Norman, C. S. (2013). An investigation of the impact of media capabilities and extraversion on social presence and user satisfaction. (vol. 32 (10), pp.1060-1073). Behaviour & Information Technology.
- Rose, A., Rose, J., Norman, C. (2013). Is the Objectivity of Internal Audit Compromised when the Internal Audit Function is a Management Training Ground?. (vol. 53(4), pp.1001-1019). Accounting and Finance.
- Rose, J., Mazza, C., Norman, C., Rose, A. (2013). The Influence of Director Stock Ownership and Board Discussion Transparency on Financial Reporting Quality. (vol. 38 (5), pp.397-405). Accounting, Organizations and Society.
- Guthrie, C., Norman, C., Rose, J. (2012). Chief Audit Executives' Evaluations of Whistle-Blowing Allegations. (vol. 24 (2), pp.87-99). Behavioral Research in Accounting.
- Rose, J., McKay, B., Norman, C., Rose, A. (2012). Designing Decision Aids to Promote the Development of Expertise. (vol. 26 (1), pp.7-34). Journal of Information Systems.
- Cereola, S., Norman, C., Wier, B. (2012). Impact of Top Management Team on Firm Performance in Small and Medium Sized Enterprises. (vol. 31 (9), pp.889-907). Behaviour & Information Technology.
- Norman, C., Rose, J., Suh, I. (2011). Effects of audit committee expertise and recognition versus disclosure on Chief Audit Executives' tolerance for financial misstatement. (vol. 36 (2), pp.102-108). Accounting, Organizations and Society.
- Jonas, G., Norman, C. (2011). Textbook websites: User technology acceptance behaviour. (vol. 30 (2), pp.147-159). Behaviour & Information Technology.
- Jones, A., Norman, C., Wier, B. (2010). Healthy Lifestyle as a Coping Mechanism for Role Stress in Public Accounting. (vol. 22 (1), pp.21-41). Behavioral Research in Accounting.
- Norman, C., Rose, A., Rose, J. (2010). Internal audit reporting lines, fraud risk decomposition, and assessments of fraud risk. (vol. 35 (5), pp.546-557). Accounting, Organizations and Society.
- Rose, J., Norman, C., Rose, A. (2010). Perceptions of investment risk associated with material control weakness pervasiveness and disclosure detail. (vol. 85 (5), pp.1787-1807). The Accounting Review.
- Simkin, M., Rose, J., Norman, C. (2014). Core Concepts of Accounting Information Systems, 13th Edition. John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Simkin, M., Rose, J., Norman, C. (2011). Core Concepts of Accounting Information Systems, 12th Edition. John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Member, AACSB - Accounting Accreditation Committee. (2018 - 2021).
- Member, American Accounting Association (AAA) Council. (2018 - 2020).