Area: Management and Entrepreneurship
- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B4203
- Early Stage Resource Acq
- My primary area of interest includes early-stage resource acquisition (particularly in non-traditional contexts such as crowdfunding). I also have secondary interests in terms of institutional and individual-level influences on the entrepreneurship process.
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Morris, M. H., Davis, B. C., Mills, A., Pitt, L. F., Berthon, P. (2013). Opportunities and the Entrepreneurial Marketer. In Entrepreneurial marketing: Global perspectives (1 ed., vol. 1, pp.127-146). Bingley: Emerald Group .
- Scheaf, D. J., Davis, B. C., Webb, J. W., Coombs, J. E., E, G., M, J. (in press). Signals' Flexibility and Interaction with Visual Cues: Insights from Crowdfunding . (vol. 33, pp.720-741). Journal of Business Venturing. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusvent.2018.04.007
- Allison, T. H., Davis, B. C., Webb, J. W., Short, J. C. (2017). Persuasion in Crowdfunding: An Elaboration Likelihood Model of Crowdfunding Performance. (6 ed., vol. 32, pp.707-725). Journal of Business Venturing. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusvent.2017.09.002
- Davis, B. C., Hmieleski, K. M., Webb, J. W., Coombs, J. E. (2017). Funder's Positive Affective Reactions to Entrepreneurs' Crowdfunding Pitches: The Influence of Perceived Product Creativity and Perceived Entrepreneurial Passion. (1 ed., vol. 32, pp.90-106). Journal of Business Venturing. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusvent.2016.10.006
- Allison, T. H., Davis, B. C., Short, J. C., Webb, J. W. (2015). Crowdfunding in a Prosocial Microlending Environment: Examining the Role of Intrinsic Versus Extrinsic Cues. (1 ed., vol. 39, pp.53-73). Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice. DOI: etap.12108